I just read a nice report from Mint.com (which I use and luv it as I’m a big spender) about how much do Americans spend on apparel by city.
They have divided the spenders in four categories:
– High Fashion High Rollers
– Trendy Spendies
– The Dapper Discounters
– The Nifty Thrifities
Some numbers got my instant attention because they are soooo obvious or simply surprises:
– Americans spend 15% to 23% of their spendings in apparel (sounds okay, doesn’t it?)
– New Yorkers are the country’s Top Spenders (of course! They have LV, Prada, Chanel as much as Wallgreen’s!)
– The national average was US$ 161 per month and the average transaction was US$ 84 (hopefully my fiancé won’t read this)
– The New Yorkers are also the most frequent buyers with 2.9 fashion transactions per month (so did I yesterday….. oooops!) 😉
I know there’s a massive difference between these numbers per country, specially considering the financial situation in each place, but I believe the percentage of spendings on clothing should be equal to this in most of places (not considering lower income regions – I know it).
If you want to know who are the Trendy Spendies, The Dapper Discounters or The Nifty Thrifities cities, please CLICK HERE
Hope you find this useful or interesting 🙂